Thursday, July 14, 2011

Blog Post #13

Box of Tricks         http://www.boxoftricks.net/internet-resouces-for-education/

This has got to be my FAVORITE site.  I really should not be so colorful in my description of what this site is, but it is the mother load of what I think every educator, parent, student, anybody who has a computer should have bookmarked.  What blows my mind, is that the person who put this site together, said it "...wasn't exhaustive." I don't even know where to begin in describing what websites are listed.  It almost seems easier to say what is not listed. There are few things that get me excited apart from talking about my daughter and horses, but this site has been added to my repertoire of excitement categories.




Top 10 Tips for Using Technology In The Classroom: Jose Picardo





This was an informative You Tube video on using technology when it helps achieve lesson objectives in the classroom. Without watching the video, the key points were as follows:
  • use streaming video
  • use music more often
  • use teleconference tools
  • create interactive exercises
  • make the interactive whiteboard more effective
  • create own podcasts in the classroom
  • start a blog or a wiki
  • use social networks
  • use internet tools
  • make the most of your pupil's gadgets (smartphone, ipod, etc)
These points can only enhance a student's learning.  Technology has replaced boredom in the classroom and has created excitement.  It is up to the administration and educators to channel this means of learning to students.  Technology in the classroom can be compared to the horse and buggy as a means of transportation, i.e., it got the job done (textbooks and chalkboards). Driving a car has made taking trips a lot more enjoyable (technology).

1 comment:

  1. It is a long list, isn't it! Thanks for getting to the correct place even though I had a bas URL in the assignment.

    ReplyDelete